This light winter/monsoon salad comes together in no time and makes for an excellent meal by itself or as a side for an Asian-themed dinner.
- 1 long eggplant, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 green or yellow zucchini
- 1 small bowl firm tofu, sliced
- 2 spring onions, cut into batons
- 3-4 baby corn, sliced lengthways
- 3-4 slices of pineapple
- 1 tablespoon +1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- ¼ teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons unpolished White Sesame Seeds, toasted
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon Raw Sugar
- Salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons + 2 teaspoons Conscious Food Sesame Oil
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- First, make the dressing, mix the chili flakes, sesame oil, ginger, salt, soy sauce, sugar and black pepper in a pan and bring to a gentle boil until the sugar melts. Cool the mixture and then add the lime juice. Keep aside.
- Mix one tablespoon of chili flakes and salt. Use this mixture as a rub for all the vegetables, tofu, and the pineapple.
- Heat a grill pan on medium-high heat and drizzle a little sesame oil on it.
- When hot, grill all the vegetables (except the spring onion), tofu, and pineapple, one layer at a time till they are almost completely cooked and both sides have distinct char marks.
- Remove and arrange on a platter. Sprinkle the spring onions and half the coriander. Drizzle a liberal amount of the dressing. Top with the remaining coriander and a dash of the sesame seeds. Serve immediately.