This indulgent Halva is made using the Indian superfood, Amaranth (Rajgeera or Ramdana), and had a nutty aroma that is only enhanced upon roasting. Better still, it takes half as much time to make!
- 1 cup Amaranth flour
- 4 tablespoons Gir Ghee
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup sugar (more or less as liked)
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Slivered pistachios for garnish
- Place the flour and ghee in a thick-bottomed pan on medium heat.
- Roast well until light brown in colour.
- Add the milk and mix. Once the milk has been absorbed, add the sugar and cardamom powder and mix again until the sugar dissolves and the Halva looks glossy.
- Remove the Halva into a serving dish and garish with slivers of pistachio.
- Serve warm.