Who said strawberries are meant only for cream? There are many different savoury ways in which you can use strawberries. This Strawberry Salad is made using a fruity apple cider vinegar dressing, which accentuates the freshness of the berries further.
You can also use a mix of lettuces or several kinds of berries for this antioxidant rich salad.
- 8-10 young spinach leaves, roughly torn
- 8-10 strawberries, sliced
- 4-5 Basil leaves, roughly torn
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, lightly roasted
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Sendha Namak
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- First, make the dressing by placing the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl or small jam jar and whisking to emulsify.
- Next, place all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add the dressing and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.