This crunchy salad is the perfect blend of sweet, sour, and hot flavors. Throw in some glass noodles and you can even have it as a meal by itself!
- ½ cup green cucumbers, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 8-10 French beans, strung and cut into half
- 4-5 spring onions, sliced lengthways
- ½ cup carrot, cut into juliennes
- ¼ cup raw papaya, cut into juliennes
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped coriander with stem
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemongrass root
- ¼ teaspoon finely julienned ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Conscious Food Palm Jaggery
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons roasted and coarsely ground peanuts
- Blanch the French beans in boiling water for 1 minute and refresh in ice water to retain the color.
- To make the dressing: mix the ginger, chili flakes, lemongrass, soy sauce and jaggery in a small pan and place on low heat for 1 minute until the jaggery sugar begins to dissolve. Take the pan off the heat and add the lemon juice. Mix well.
- To assemble the salad, simply toss all the ingredients and the dressing together in a mixing bowl and serve chilled.