While roast birds and Christmas dinners are nearly synonymous, vegetarians needn’t feel too left out. The winter brings such gorgeous fresh vegetables, we’re going to star one of these for our table this year. Use a tightly packed head of cauliflower or a combination of cauliflower and broccoli!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, trimmed of leaves and stem cut to allow the cauliflower to sit
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons wild forest honey
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh green garlic chives
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Kashundi or mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 liter hot water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Dissolve the vinegar in the hot water.
- Place the cauliflower head in a colander over your sink and pour the hot water over it.
- Now place the cauliflower in a casserole.
- Mix the chives, oregano, chili powder, honey, mustard, salt, and olive oil together to make a paste.
- Massage the paste onto the cauliflower.
- Pour some hot water at the base of the casserole to create steam. Put the lid on and bake in a preheated oven at 170 degrees centigrade for 40 minutes.
- Now, remove the lid and bake for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and apply the butter on top. Garnish with coriander. Serve warm.