Stay in the loop and become a part of the Conscious community
Conscious Food is the pioneer of the Indian organic and natural food world since 1990. We offer a curated range of natural and organic products including cereals, flours and grains, natural sugars, power-packed snacks, seeds, nuts and cold-pressed oils to complement the wellness lifestyle. Being food forward, we lookout for new ingredients to make the culinary journey more varied, satisfying and enjoyable. In maintaining an ethical supply chain, we only source responsibly grown produce, promote indigenous varieties and follow sustainable practices wherever possible. In essence, we believe in doing well by doing good. Our organic food products are available country wide. For more information, and to shop for organic food online browse the collection right here.
Organic food products exclude the use of artificial chemicals like pesticides, fertilizers and growth hormones. These additives are harmful not only to our bodies but also to the planet. Some benefits of organic groceries are –
- Higher nutritive value
- Organic food being natural, whole and unrefined, retains more nutrients than conventionally produced food.
- Free from chemical additives
- Promotes Biodiversity
- Helps prevent pollution and climate change
- Not only is it free from the harmful effects of chemical pesticides and preservatives, it is also free from genetically modified organisms.
- Organic farming is a proactive and preemptive approach to prevent the negative effects of agricultural interventions on the agro-ecosystem. It uses natural fertilizers and practices like crop rotation and intercropping, thereby improving soil structure.
- Organic food requires less energy and does not cause water pollution through toxic fertilisers and pesticides. It also mitigates the greenhouse effect through its ability to sequester carbon in the soil. Many management practices used by organic agriculture increase the return of carbon to the soil, raising productivity and favouring carbon storage.
- Organic farming promotes animal welfare and biodiversity by using crop rotation and avoiding the use of genetically modified organisms. The lack of pesticide use helps attract new or re-colonizing species to the organic area and organisms beneficial to the organic system, such as pollinators and pest predators.